Wednesday 6 April 2011

Bye bye Boca...

... So today I leave BA... I'm leaving on good terms after a very shaky start... I've seen the football, cycled the cuty, seen a drum concert and met friends and today I visited the tourist friendly part of the working class area of La Boca (see pictures below)... it is a strange, Disny land type place in the middle of an incredibly rough neighbourhood... a little colourful region has been cordened off for tourists, a safe haven for people to get pictures with a Maradonna look-alike and buy lots of Argentine based tat... but if you stray from the tourist region you are almost garuenteed to get mugged... like an antelope straying too far from the herd gets picked off my the lions...
Welcome to La Boca

It seems this is some kind of annoying diety over here!

Enjoy the colours... then buy some crap:)

...La Boca was really a metafore for my experience of the city really...It can be beautiful but it is not to be toyed with... BA wasn't for me but I can see why people love it... so I really say goodbye to the city feeling nice... which is a change from my first few days where I hated the place! ... Anyway, onwards and upwards... this little blog is to fill a gap because I will be MIA for a few days as I travel for 36 hours and it will take up the good part of two blogging days... so even when I do finally get to a computer I'll have nothing to blog about... So keep well little ones... keep safe and out of trouble... don't accept sweets from strangers and don't stray from the tourist friendly areas of La Boca...

... Only 15 days 'till I'm back in England... you lucky folk there must be so excited!

Love to all,

Matt:)

No comments:

Post a Comment